It’s been a few weeks since our test ride on the 2023 Honda SCL500, and we still have a smile on our face. The SCL500 doesn’t make much power (about 46 hp at the rear wheel) and it doesn’t have any fancy features, and that’s what we love about it. Like the ’60s-era Honda scramblers that inspired the SCL500, it’s a basic, cool-looking runabout that is ideal for cruising around town or taking short jaunts on backroads. Its simplicity is its virtue. Just pure, uncomplicated fun.
Watch the video to see the 2023 Honda SCL500 in action and read our full review.
2023 Honda SCL500 Specifications
- Base Price: $6,799
- Website: Powersports.Honda.com
- Warranty: 1 yr., unltd. miles
- Engine Type: Liquid-cooled, transverse parallel-Twin, DOHC w/ 4 valves per cyl.
- Displacement: 471cc
- Bore x Stroke: 67.0 x 66.8mm
- Transmission: 6-speed, cable-actuated slip/assist wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain
- Wheelbase: 58.4 in.
- Rake/Trail: 27 degrees/4.3 in.
- Seat Height: 31.1 in.
- Wet Weight: 419 lb
- Fuel Capacity: 3.2 gal.
- Fuel Consumption: 60.6 mpg (per bike’s instruments)
- Helmet: SMK Retro Adventure
- Jacket: Highway 21 Winchester
- Gloves: Highway 21 Jab Full Perforated
- Pants: Fly Racing Resistance Jeans
- Boots: Fly Racing Tradesman